ABC7 presents 'The Polish Constitution Day Parade'
May 2, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- Join ABC 7 Chicago's Alan Krashesky as he once again serves as host of ''The Polish Constitution Day Parade'' broadcast which aired Saturday, May 5, 2012, 1:00-2:00 PM on ABC 7 Chicago. ABC7 Chicago is the only local television station to broadcast this year's parade. (The parade took place on Saturday, May 5 at 11:30 am.)
The theme for the 121st Annual Polish Constitution Day Parade is "One Voice--United Polonia." Grazyna Zajaczkowska, the Director of Immigration Services for the Polish American Association, was bestowed the honor of being named the 2012 Parade Grand Marshal. The Polish American Association is celebrating its 90th anniversary serving those most in need in Chicago's Polish community.
According to Conrad Nowak, chairman of the Polish American Association Board of Directors, "During a career that exceeds more than 20 years with the Polish American Association, Grazyna has been a strong voice and advocate not only for our organization, but for the community at large. Her distinguished work has enabled many Polish immigrants to achieve the American Dream."
The Polish Constitution Day Parade is the largest Polish parade outside of Poland and celebrates the anniversary of the ratification of the Polish Constitution on May 3, 1791. For 121 years, Polonia's various community organizations have come together to organize this traditional Chicago salute to pride and tradition. There will be more than 100 units participating in the 2012 parade.
Ravi Baichwal, Tracy Butler, Karen Meyer, Phil Schwarz and Jerry Taft are scheduled to participate in the festivities and will ride along the parade route on Columbus Drive, from Balboa to Monroe, atop the ABC 7 Chicago Float.
"The Polish Constitution Day Parade," is available on-demand at ABC7Chicago.com.
ABC 7 Chicago's Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the parade.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 21 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home