Watch The 43rd Annual Pride Parade
June 19, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago is proud to present "The 43rd Annual Pride Parade,'' hosted by Janet Davies.
"I am always proud of the fact that ABC 7 is the first and only television station to broadcast the Pride Parade," Davies said. "I have many friends and acquaintances in the LGBT community and love that this event celebrates their contributions to help making Chicago the best city ever!"
This year, ABC 7's Ryan Chiaverini, Ron Magers, Hank Mendheim, Karen Meyer, and Linda Yu rode in the parade on ABC 7 Chicago's float.
"The 43rd Annual Pride Parade" kicked off at noon on June 24, 2012, from a new corner this year at Broadway and Montrose on Chicago's North Side. The parade ended a weekend of festivities and entertainment supporting the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Evan Wolfson, founder and President of Freedom to Marry, the campaign to win marriage nationwide, was this year's Grand Marshal.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with 200 units and over 400,000 people on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit