Watch The 43rd Annual Pride Parade
June 19, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago is proud to present "The 43rd Annual Pride Parade,'' hosted by Janet Davies.
"I am always proud of the fact that ABC 7 is the first and only television station to broadcast the Pride Parade," Davies said. "I have many friends and acquaintances in the LGBT community and love that this event celebrates their contributions to help making Chicago the best city ever!"
This year, ABC 7's Ryan Chiaverini, Ron Magers, Hank Mendheim, Karen Meyer, and Linda Yu rode in the parade on ABC 7 Chicago's float.
"The 43rd Annual Pride Parade" kicked off at noon on June 24, 2012, from a new corner this year at Broadway and Montrose on Chicago's North Side. The parade ended a weekend of festivities and entertainment supporting the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Evan Wolfson, founder and President of Freedom to Marry, the campaign to win marriage nationwide, was this year's Grand Marshal.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with 200 units and over 400,000 people on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 54 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 59 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77