Watch The 43rd Annual Pride Parade
June 19, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago is proud to present "The 43rd Annual Pride Parade,'' hosted by Janet Davies.
"I am always proud of the fact that ABC 7 is the first and only television station to broadcast the Pride Parade," Davies said. "I have many friends and acquaintances in the LGBT community and love that this event celebrates their contributions to help making Chicago the best city ever!"
This year, ABC 7's Ryan Chiaverini, Ron Magers, Hank Mendheim, Karen Meyer, and Linda Yu rode in the parade on ABC 7 Chicago's float.
"The 43rd Annual Pride Parade" kicked off at noon on June 24, 2012, from a new corner this year at Broadway and Montrose on Chicago's North Side. The parade ended a weekend of festivities and entertainment supporting the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Evan Wolfson, founder and President of Freedom to Marry, the campaign to win marriage nationwide, was this year's Grand Marshal.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with 200 units and over 400,000 people on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 20 min ago
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 27 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 43 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 19 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 5 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death