Watch The 43rd Annual Pride Parade
June 19, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago is proud to present "The 43rd Annual Pride Parade,'' hosted by Janet Davies.
"I am always proud of the fact that ABC 7 is the first and only television station to broadcast the Pride Parade," Davies said. "I have many friends and acquaintances in the LGBT community and love that this event celebrates their contributions to help making Chicago the best city ever!"
This year, ABC 7's Ryan Chiaverini, Ron Magers, Hank Mendheim, Karen Meyer, and Linda Yu rode in the parade on ABC 7 Chicago's float.
"The 43rd Annual Pride Parade" kicked off at noon on June 24, 2012, from a new corner this year at Broadway and Montrose on Chicago's North Side. The parade ended a weekend of festivities and entertainment supporting the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Evan Wolfson, founder and President of Freedom to Marry, the campaign to win marriage nationwide, was this year's Grand Marshal.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with 200 units and over 400,000 people on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 58 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
58 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos