Watch The 43rd Annual Pride Parade
June 19, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago is proud to present "The 43rd Annual Pride Parade,'' hosted by Janet Davies.
"I am always proud of the fact that ABC 7 is the first and only television station to broadcast the Pride Parade," Davies said. "I have many friends and acquaintances in the LGBT community and love that this event celebrates their contributions to help making Chicago the best city ever!"
This year, ABC 7's Ryan Chiaverini, Ron Magers, Hank Mendheim, Karen Meyer, and Linda Yu rode in the parade on ABC 7 Chicago's float.
"The 43rd Annual Pride Parade" kicked off at noon on June 24, 2012, from a new corner this year at Broadway and Montrose on Chicago's North Side. The parade ended a weekend of festivities and entertainment supporting the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Evan Wolfson, founder and President of Freedom to Marry, the campaign to win marriage nationwide, was this year's Grand Marshal.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with 200 units and over 400,000 people on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus