'Katie' debuts on ABC7 Chicago 9/10 at 3 p.m.
June 26, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Katie Couric is returning to her roots- daytime TV.
The former "Today" host launches her new talk show, called "Katie," on ABC 7 this fall. The program will air at 3 p.m. starting on September 10.
"I feel like I have a lot in common with viewers," Couric said in a video released by her staff on youtube.com in early June. "I feel like they're my friends."
This fall, Couric will be reunited with all of her friends as she looks at the timely and topical-- blending entertainment, information and the stories of each day-- whether important or just plain fun. The show will be live in front of a studio audience at ABC's TV 1 Studio in New York City.
The award-winning journalist and TV personality and New York Times best-selling author joined ABC in 2011, contributing to ABC World News, NIghtline, 20/20, Good Morning American and This Week.
- CPS school closures begin 5 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park 38 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials respond to reports of body in Lake Michigan 10 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- CPS school closures begin
5 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos