'Katie' debuts on ABC7 Chicago 9/10 at 3 p.m.
June 26, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Katie Couric is returning to her roots- daytime TV.
The former "Today" host launches her new talk show, called "Katie," on ABC 7 this fall. The program will air at 3 p.m. starting on September 10.
"I feel like I have a lot in common with viewers," Couric said in a video released by her staff on youtube.com in early June. "I feel like they're my friends."
This fall, Couric will be reunited with all of her friends as she looks at the timely and topical-- blending entertainment, information and the stories of each day-- whether important or just plain fun. The show will be live in front of a studio audience at ABC's TV 1 Studio in New York City.
The award-winning journalist and TV personality and New York Times best-selling author joined ABC in 2011, contributing to ABC World News, NIghtline, 20/20, Good Morning American and This Week.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition 21 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...