'Katie' debuts on ABC7 Chicago 9/10 at 3 p.m.
June 26, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Katie Couric is returning to her roots- daytime TV.
The former "Today" host launches her new talk show, called "Katie," on ABC 7 this fall. The program will air at 3 p.m. starting on September 10.
"I feel like I have a lot in common with viewers," Couric said in a video released by her staff on youtube.com in early June. "I feel like they're my friends."
This fall, Couric will be reunited with all of her friends as she looks at the timely and topical-- blending entertainment, information and the stories of each day-- whether important or just plain fun. The show will be live in front of a studio audience at ABC's TV 1 Studio in New York City.
The award-winning journalist and TV personality and New York Times best-selling author joined ABC in 2011, contributing to ABC World News, NIghtline, 20/20, Good Morning American and This Week.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area