ABC7 celebrates St. Patrick's Day
March 15, 2013 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- Everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day and ABC 7 Chicago continued the celebration of a Chicago tradition over the weekend.
ABC 7's meteorologist Mike Caplan, reporter Frank Mathie and former ABC 7 Anchor Joel Daly teamed up to host the coverage of bagpipers, floats, marching bands and marching politicians that make this one of the most celebrated events in Chicago each year. The Parade kicked off on Saturday, March 16th at noon.
The 2013 St. Patrick's Day Parade Grand Marshal was none other than Notre Dame's head football coach, Brian Kelly, who led the Fighting Irish to an undefeated regular season.
Thousands of marchers, parade units, marching bands, floats, horses and a few leprechauns are featured as the parade proceeds from Balbo Drive, north on Columbus Drive to Monroe Street. Always a must-see in the parade, the Shannon Rovers bagpipers bring a touch of Ireland to Chicago as they have for the past 87 years.
Once again this year, ABC 7 Chicago's float featuring Stacey Baca, Ravi Baichwal, Tracy Butler, Steve Dolinsky and John Garcia, is part of the St. Patrick's Day Parade tradition.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the parade broadcast.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77