ABC7 presents 'The Polish Constitution Day Parade'
May 2, 2013 (NEWS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago's Alan Krashesky once again served as host of "The Polish Constitution Day Parade" on Saturday May 4, 2013.
ABC 7 Chicago's Alan Krashesky once again served as host of "The Polish Constitution Day Parade" broadcast/ ABC 7 Chicago is the only local television station to broadcast this year's parade.
The theme for the 122nd Annual Polish Constitution Day Parade was "Youth is good for both Polonia and Poland." Dr. Bronislaw Orawiec, cardiologist and founder of the Orawiec Cardiac Fund, was bestowed the honor of being named the 2013 Parade Grand Marshal. Dr. Orawiec is currently working as a consultant with five hospitals in the Chicagoland area.
The Polish Constitution Day Parade is the largest Polish parade outside of Poland and celebrates the anniversary of the ratification of the Polish Constitution on May 3, 1791. For 122 years, Polonia's various community organizations have come together to organize this traditional Chicago salute to pride and tradition. An estimated 100 units participated in the 2013 parade.
Jason Knowles, Ravi Baichwal, Phil Schwarz, Jerry Taft, Karen Jordan participated in the festivities and rode along the parade route on Columbus Drive, from Balboa to Monroe, atop the
ABC 7 Chicago Float.
ABC 7 Chicago's Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the parade.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation