Watch ABC7's 2013 Memorial Day Parade broadcast
May 23, 2013 (NEWS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago salutes the nation's veterans with the broadcast of Chicago's Memorial Day Parade, the largest annual Memorial Day Parade in the country, Saturday, May 25 from 12:30-1:30 pm on ABC7.
The Memorial Day Parade is hosted by ABC 7's anchor Stacey Baca. It kicks off from State and Lake, proceeding down to Van Buren on Saturday, May 25th at Noon.
ABC 7 Chicago's Ben Bradley, John Garcia, Theresa Gutierrez, Evelyn Holmes, Jason Knowles, Karen Meyer and Sarah Schulte will be part of the festivities as they ride atop the station float.
The Memorial Day Parade will pay tribute to the fallen heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country and freedom. This year's Grand Marshal will be Leon E. Panetta. Panetta served under President Obama recently as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and U.S. Secretary of Defense.
In addition to Grand Marshal duties, Panetta will participate in the solemn Wreath Laying Ceremony at Daley Plaza preceding the parade at 11:00 am. The ceremony will pay recognition to the City of Chicago's Illinois Gold Star Families, for families of police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
This year's parade will commemorate the 150th Anniversary of The Gettysburg Address. The renowned speech will be commemorated with a special reading at the ceremony. There will also be an observance of the 60th Anniversary of the end of the Korean conflict.
The Memorial Day Parade will be available on-demand at abc7chicago.com.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the parade.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD