Watch ABC7's 2013 Memorial Day Parade broadcast
May 23, 2013 (NEWS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago salutes the nation's veterans with the broadcast of Chicago's Memorial Day Parade, the largest annual Memorial Day Parade in the country, Saturday, May 25 from 12:30-1:30 pm on ABC7.
The Memorial Day Parade is hosted by ABC 7's anchor Stacey Baca. It kicks off from State and Lake, proceeding down to Van Buren on Saturday, May 25th at Noon.
ABC 7 Chicago's Ben Bradley, John Garcia, Theresa Gutierrez, Evelyn Holmes, Jason Knowles, Karen Meyer and Sarah Schulte will be part of the festivities as they ride atop the station float.
The Memorial Day Parade will pay tribute to the fallen heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country and freedom. This year's Grand Marshal will be Leon E. Panetta. Panetta served under President Obama recently as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and U.S. Secretary of Defense.
In addition to Grand Marshal duties, Panetta will participate in the solemn Wreath Laying Ceremony at Daley Plaza preceding the parade at 11:00 am. The ceremony will pay recognition to the City of Chicago's Illinois Gold Star Families, for families of police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
This year's parade will commemorate the 150th Anniversary of The Gettysburg Address. The renowned speech will be commemorated with a special reading at the ceremony. There will also be an observance of the 60th Anniversary of the end of the Korean conflict.
The Memorial Day Parade will be available on-demand at abc7chicago.com.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the parade.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout