Job: Freelance Web Producer
June 10, 2013 -- WLS-TV, Chicago's number 1 station, has an opening for a freelance Web Producer.
WLS-TV/ABC7Chicago.com is looking for a freelance Web Producer to join our tech-savvy team of online journalists.
The freelance Web Producer is responsible for publishing daily news and breaking news content to the station's digital platforms, as well as producing and editing video content. Other production duties include tagging content for the website, moderating forums, producing and deploying multiple email newsletters as well as managing a user-generated content site.
Strong writing and editorial skills and the ability to multitask in a high pressure environment are a must. Thorough knowledge and prior experience using major social media platforms to report news are also required. Candidate must have experience working in an online news organization, strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style. Candidate must also have excellent computer skills and experience with all of the following: content management systems; Photoshop; Final Cut Pro and basic HTML tags.
All applicants will be given writing tests which include story, headline and social media posts.
Bachelor's degree in media-related field and experience working in a high-paced, deadline driven television newsroom.
This position requires working night, morning, weekend and holiday shifts. Please do not apply if you're not able or willing to fulfill this requirement. Candidates must clear a background check.
Candidates can send a cover letter and resume to Kevin Carpenter, Manager of Online Operations, WLS-TV, 190 N. State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60601. No Phone Calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Reporting Location -- Chicago, IL
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute 3 min ago
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 To Go 3-17-14
54 min ago