Puerto Rican People's Parade 2013 on ABC7 Chicago
June 16, 2013 (NEWS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago is proud to be the broadcast home for the new "Puerto Rican People's Parade" that this year is the combination of two historic, annual Puerto Rican Day parades.
Video - Puerto Rican People's Parade 2013 - Originally aired June 15, 2013
Click [CC] to watch with closed-captioning
ABC 7 has broadcast the Puerto Rican Day Parade for the past 36 years. Hosted by General Assignment Reporter and Host of "Ñ BEAT," Theresa Gutierrez and co-hosted by David Zayas, the parade will air Sunday, June 16, from 1pm-2pm. (The Puerto Rican Day Parade takes place on Saturday, June 15, and begins at noon).
ABC 7 is the only station in the market to produce and air this important community event. The Parade will be available on-demand at abc7chicago.com.
ABC 7 Chicago's Cheryl Burton, Mike Caplan, Sylvia Perez, and Roz Varon will join in the festivities atop the ABC 7 Chicago float.
The 2013 parade will once again pay tribute to Chicago's rich Puerto Rican culture. The newly combined parade will kick off at Division and Western and will proceed through the heart of Chicago's Puerto Rican community in Humboldt Park with a colorful array of floats, folk dancers, reggaeton musical groups and salsa dancers. The theme this year is "Promoviendo nuestra cultura y comunidad."
"The Puerto Rican Day Parade" is produced by ABC 7's Christopher Bowen and will be available for viewing on-demand here at ABC7Chicago.com later Sunday evening.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 12 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 2 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
34 min ago
- Festival Fridays
37 min ago