Tyra Banks creates tall women's clothing line
December 17, 2010 (OAK PARK) -- Like most tall women, Tyra Banks has trouble finding shoes and clothing to fit. Instead of complaining, she and her husband Antwon Walker opened their own shoe store.
Located in Oak Park, Nine & Up offers women's shoes are sized 9-14 price from $75 and up.
As a shopper Tyra was satisfied. She ordered shoes to fit and shopped at a tall women's store until last year, when the store closed. Then she had a dilemma.
"That left no retail store for us to shop at, therefore we can only shop online," Banks said. "I do not shop on line for pants because you never know what you're going to get."
So now she's created a clothing line for the "girl who is above average." The Divine Treasures collection includes clothing is sized 4 to 18 with prices from $25 to $15 for pants, jackets, shirts and skirts.
You can view the collection by appointment at 1142 W. Chicago Ave., Suite 2N, Oak Park by calling 773-676-4324. For more information, visit www.nineandup.com
You can also see Divine Treasures clothing at a special event on Saturday, December 18. Tyra is holding a trunk sale along with her 4th annual handbag drive. Clients are asked to give gently used handbags to be donated to charity houses for women in Chicago. Donors get a 20 to 50 percent discount during the two seasonal sales at Tyra's store.
Tyra donates new Christmas gifts from Nine and Up along with the handbags. This year, the focus is on raising awareness about teen dating violence prevention with Sarah's Inn.
The Trunk Show and Handbag Drive will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at The Carlton of Oak Park Hotel, 1110 Pleasant St., Oak Park. For information, call 773-676-4324.
Divine Treasure Trunk Show & Handbag Drive
11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 18
Carlton of Oak Park
1110 Pleasant St.
- Divine Treasure Fashions shown on ABC7:
- Monique is wearing a casual one-piece jersey knit top with a drape neck line, $65. Perfect for jeggings/leggings, jeans and slacks.
- Sherry is wearing herringbone boot cut pants, "36 inseam, $75, and a fuchsia menswear-inspired, tailored, French cuff button down shirt with a double button down collar, $70. This look is accessorize with black to allow the shirt to stand on its own
- Talia is wearing a fabulous daytime stretch satin boot cut pants, "36 inseam, $75, paired with animal print sheer, beaded v-neck and 3/4 length sleeves .
- Wanda is wearing a herringbone suit with a two-button jacket, $125, an classic fit pants, "36 inseam, $75, accessorized with layered brown pearls.
- Monique is wearing a flannel off white, wide leg, wide cuff pants, "33 inseam, $65, and a Cashmere and fox shawl, $130 This fabulous piece will be raffled off to one of 100 people for New Years Eve; tickets are $25 each.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 28 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 46 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 33 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 21 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 41 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
48 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos