''Techno Dad's'' Consumer Electronics Show picks
February 17, 2011 -- Michael Ferrara, also known as the ''Techno Dad'' visits ABC7 with the best of the Consumer Electronics Show.
The annual Consumer Electronics Show ended in January in Las Vegas. The convention draws thousands of technology companies from around the world to show off their latest gadgets and gismos. While there are thousands of new products about to hit the market or already on the market, Ferrara says there are a few standout products.
His top picks:
Robotic floor cleaner called the 'Mint.'
Does an excellent job cleaning and dusting hard-surfaced floors. ($249.99)
Escort iQ combines radar detector and 3D GPS navigation (a first). ($649.95)
Hannspree 'novelty' HDTVs -- just the thing to watch your favorite team play. Other styles available.
eeColor box makes your 'cheap' LCD TV (or projector) brighter, more vivid and lifelike. ($1,495)
myditto backup device makes it easy to store photos and music for safekeeping. ($199.99)
AOC Breeze Tablet runs Android apps and has lots of ports for accessories. ($179.99)
Swann PenCam looks like a standard pen but records video. ($69.99)
Mophie juice pack powerstation ($99.95)
nPower PEG ($159.99), two ways to keep your devices charged up.
Motospeak, hands free devices: Command One and Roaster (starting at $69, ap in the Android Market place is free)
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 22 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives 47 min ago
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 37 min ago