Time to be Irish!
March 12, 2011 (CHICAGO) -- St. Patrick's Day is not until Thursday, March 17, but the festivities are already under way.
Chicago is celebrating St. Patrick's Day with its annual parade on Saturday, March 12.
This year will mark the last for Richard Daley to be in the parade as mayor. He and his wife, Maggie, will be Grand Marshals.
10 a.m.: Dyeing of the Chicago River
12 p.m.: Parade < br /> Start: East Balbo Drive and South Columbus Drive
End: South Columbus Drive and East Monroe Drive
To get us into the mood for St. Patrick's Day, we had guests from the Irish American Heritage Center in our ABC7 studio.
Executive director Tim McDonnell explained what programs the center offers. And fiddler Sean Cleland played while two Cunningham Dancers showed off their Irish dance moves.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos