Time to be Irish!
March 12, 2011 (CHICAGO) -- St. Patrick's Day is not until Thursday, March 17, but the festivities are already under way.
Chicago is celebrating St. Patrick's Day with its annual parade on Saturday, March 12.
This year will mark the last for Richard Daley to be in the parade as mayor. He and his wife, Maggie, will be Grand Marshals.
10 a.m.: Dyeing of the Chicago River
12 p.m.: Parade < br /> Start: East Balbo Drive and South Columbus Drive
End: South Columbus Drive and East Monroe Drive
To get us into the mood for St. Patrick's Day, we had guests from the Irish American Heritage Center in our ABC7 studio.
Executive director Tim McDonnell explained what programs the center offers. And fiddler Sean Cleland played while two Cunningham Dancers showed off their Irish dance moves.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 2 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 8 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 10 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case