Easter recipes even kids can make
April 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) -- Easter can be the perfect time to get the family together and prepare a meal.So why not take the opportunity to teach your children about eating healthy food and learn about cultural differences as well?
That is the goal of the organization Common Threads which teaches low-income children to cook wholesome and affordable meals. Every year, the group selects Small Threads, children who are especially enthusiastic and have shown leadership skills.
Chef Curtis Jones with Common Threads joined us in our ABC7 studio, along with some Small Threads, to show us how to make an easy breakfast.
Cross-town Culinary Classic with Kevin Hickey and Stephanie Izard
Friday, June 24th
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave 57 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago 39 min ago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 20 min ago
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- 7 on your Sideline: A woman breaks through...
35 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos