Bison Burgers For Memorial Day
May 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Memorial Day weekend and the summer season are a great time to fire up the grill. If you are looking for ways to switch up old classics, how about a bison burger?
Chef Marco Bahena visited the ABC7 studio to show how to make a great dish.
The Kendall College student knows what he is talking about. In March, he won the national S.Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Competition.
After preparing all of the bison burger components according to Chef Bahena's recipes, he suggests finishing the dish off by lightly brushing pretzel bread with aioli, then toasting on grill. He recommends adding the grilled bison patties, onions, and additional optional garnishes of your choice (for example, Brunkow cheddar cheese, fresh pea shoots, and tomatoes) and serving with pickled vegetables or side dish of your choice.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits