Bison Burgers For Memorial Day
May 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Memorial Day weekend and the summer season are a great time to fire up the grill. If you are looking for ways to switch up old classics, how about a bison burger?
Chef Marco Bahena visited the ABC7 studio to show how to make a great dish.
The Kendall College student knows what he is talking about. In March, he won the national S.Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Competition.
After preparing all of the bison burger components according to Chef Bahena's recipes, he suggests finishing the dish off by lightly brushing pretzel bread with aioli, then toasting on grill. He recommends adding the grilled bison patties, onions, and additional optional garnishes of your choice (for example, Brunkow cheddar cheese, fresh pea shoots, and tomatoes) and serving with pickled vegetables or side dish of your choice.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking