Get ready for Naperville's Ribfest
July 1, 2011 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) -- (RELEASE) The 24th Annual Ribfest will be held July 1-4, 2011 from noon until 10 p.m. daily in Knoch Park, Naperville.
Ribfest consists of 14 rib vendors from across the country, outstanding music on two stages, a carnival and a family area featuring a circus and a magic show. Headliners for the four days will be REO Speedwagon, STYX, Phil Vassar, Montgomery Gentry, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Grand Funk Railroad, The Heroes of Woodstock, and Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers.
New this year is the addition of America's Chefs, who will be on site with cooking demos throughout the weekend. On the 4th of July, the gates will open at 7:30 pm for free to the public prior to the 4th of July Fireworks display which are set for 9:30. Pre-sale tickets are available at area Jewel stores and the Naperville Park District for $9 (kids 11 and under are free) or tickets at the gate are $12.
All the proceeds from Ribfest go to support the elimination of Child Abuse and Domestic Violence. For more information about Ribfest or to sponsor or to volunteer visit http://www.ribfest.net.
Ribfest is put on yearly by the Exchange Club of Naperville with the support of our sponsors which include, Copa Di Vino c/o Midwest Wine & Spirits, Chicago White Sox, Miller Lite and Euclid Beverage, Pepsi Beverages Company, Clear Channel Radio Chicago, Exelon Nuclear, Meijer, Navistar, Window World of Chicagoland, Meijer, Ford Drive One, Illinois Lottery, ABC7 Chicago and Jeep & Chrysler.
The Exchange Club is a national group of men and women working to make our community a better place through its primary mission, the Prevention of Child Abuse, and through local community service projects. The club organizes fundraising activities such as Ribfest over the Fourth of July to provide financial assistance and to promote Americanism, Community Service, Youth Activities and to Prevent Child Abuse and Domestic Violence. If you are interested in any of the activities mentioned above, call 630-779-2702 or visit our Web site at www.ExchangeClub.org. We need your help to continue this vital service to our community.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam 51 min ago
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 43 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All 4 min ago