Show That 'Stache!
October 23, 2011 (WLS) -- Once upon a time, just about every American man had a mustache. Today, that is not the case. All the more reason for the American Mustache Institute to step in!
The self-proclaimed "advocacy organization" fights discrimination against the mustached American community.
But it is not just all about fun. With its 'Stache Bash 2011, AMI's annual charitable Halloween event, the organization raises funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG to help fight prostate, testicular and other cancers affecting men.
For more information on the American Mustache Institute, check out the organization's website, www.americanmustacheinstitute.org
Aaron Perlut with AMI and musician Ian Kibbe with the group "The Flavor Savers," one of the performing bands, were in our ABC7 studio to tell us about that. They also explained why AMI chose Chicago for the bash: its recent study determined the Windy City to be "America's Most Mustache-Friendly City." As for the event, they say you do not need a natural mustache; simply bring one or pick one up at the door.
'Stache Bash 2011: Chicago's Hairy Halloween
Friday, October 28
8 p.m. - Midnight
940 W. Weed St.
Tickets: $25 Advance; $30 At The Door
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 18 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 13 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
18 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance,...
13 min ago