Show That 'Stache!
October 23, 2011 (WLS) -- Once upon a time, just about every American man had a mustache. Today, that is not the case. All the more reason for the American Mustache Institute to step in!
The self-proclaimed "advocacy organization" fights discrimination against the mustached American community.
But it is not just all about fun. With its 'Stache Bash 2011, AMI's annual charitable Halloween event, the organization raises funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG to help fight prostate, testicular and other cancers affecting men.
For more information on the American Mustache Institute, check out the organization's website, www.americanmustacheinstitute.org
Aaron Perlut with AMI and musician Ian Kibbe with the group "The Flavor Savers," one of the performing bands, were in our ABC7 studio to tell us about that. They also explained why AMI chose Chicago for the bash: its recent study determined the Windy City to be "America's Most Mustache-Friendly City." As for the event, they say you do not need a natural mustache; simply bring one or pick one up at the door.
'Stache Bash 2011: Chicago's Hairy Halloween
Friday, October 28
8 p.m. - Midnight
940 W. Weed St.
Tickets: $25 Advance; $30 At The Door
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 33 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 27 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 12 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 34 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos