How To Collect Art
June 2, 2012 -- With so many art festivals and fairs underway in Chicagoland, you might be inspired to get into the art of art collecting.
But how do you start?
Chris Bates, owner of Art Post Gallery came into our ABC7 studio to explain how to start an art collection.
- Pick a piece that you love, not something that goes with your current décor.
- Live within your budget, but don't just buy something because it is inexpensive.
- Choose framing that enhances the piece, not overshadows it.
Art Post Gallery
984 G Willow Road
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 15 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man 43 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
15 min ago