How To Collect Art
June 2, 2012 -- With so many art festivals and fairs underway in Chicagoland, you might be inspired to get into the art of art collecting.
But how do you start?
Chris Bates, owner of Art Post Gallery came into our ABC7 studio to explain how to start an art collection.
- Pick a piece that you love, not something that goes with your current décor.
- Live within your budget, but don't just buy something because it is inexpensive.
- Choose framing that enhances the piece, not overshadows it.
Art Post Gallery
984 G Willow Road
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos