How To Collect Art
June 2, 2012 -- With so many art festivals and fairs underway in Chicagoland, you might be inspired to get into the art of art collecting.
But how do you start?
Chris Bates, owner of Art Post Gallery came into our ABC7 studio to explain how to start an art collection.
- Pick a piece that you love, not something that goes with your current décor.
- Live within your budget, but don't just buy something because it is inexpensive.
- Choose framing that enhances the piece, not overshadows it.
Art Post Gallery
984 G Willow Road
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 9 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos