Running Gear Trends
June 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Wednesday, June 6 is National Running Day, and of course here in Chicago, runners have been out for months.
If you're thinking about joining them or need to upgrade your gear ahead of the next race, we have tips. Dave Zimmer, owner of Fleet Feet Sports Chicago came into our ABC7 studio to show us the latest trends in running gear.
Model Apparel and Accessories:
A. Female Model
1. LOLE W THALIA HEADBAND
- Wicks sweat, holds hair back and very stylish
- MSRP $18.00
2. NBLC W NP SHORT
- Moisture wicking technical fabric, hidden pocket, relaxed fit
- MSRP $25.00
3. NBLC W ICEFIL TANK
- New cooling technology, Icefil, provides cooling comfort for warm weather training.
- MSRP $38.00
4. FEE LIGHT NO SHOW TAB
- Performance wicking fibers combined with a snugfit technology and ultra light cushion make these socks ideal for running in any conditions.
- MSRP $10.99
5. NBL W 890 V2 Shoes
- The lightest trainer in the New Balance lineup provides a seamless mesh upper with a cushioned midsole for a fast, responsive run.
- MSRP $110.00
6. SMITH PARALLEL
- Sleek and durable frame equipped with polarized lens.
- MSRP $129.00
B. Male Model
1. CRA M PERFORMANCE RUN TEE
- High quality fabrics provide moisture wicking and functionality to this performance top.
- MSRP $55.00
2. CRA M PR HYBRID SHORT
- Craft's 2-in-1 Short give runners excellent support for any distance. Several zip and mesh pockets for carrying nutrition.
- MSRP $65.00
3. CRA M PR FEATHERLIGHT JACKET
- Lightweight and breathable water-repellant technical fabric with ventilation panels.
- MSRP $80.00
4. WIG IRONMAN ENDURO PRO
- Breathable mesh with a Ultimax moisture control gives runners a dry, blister free and odor less run.
- MSRP $11.00
5. HS FFS ULTRALITE VISOR
- Moisture wicking Coolmax technology dries faster than cotton. Keeps sun out of runners eyes.
- MSRP $19.00
6. KAR M FORWARD 3 Shoes
- Lightweight, High performance trainer with fulcrum technology gives runners an efficient ride.
- MSRP $130.00
C. Displayed Accessories
Penguin Sport Wash
- Biodegradable detergent design to rinse completely and leave no residue that can lock the capabilities of technical gear.
- MSRP $10.00
Amphipod Hydraform Handheld Water bottle
- 12 oz handheld water bottle with storage pocket
- MSRP $17.95
Nathan Speed 4 bottle belt
- Comfortable 4 bottle belt allows athlete to carry 32oz of water during workout
- MSRP $50.00
Nike GPS+ Sportwatch
- Easy to use GPS watch allowing athlete to track distance and pace. Wrist unit connects directly to computer to quickly upload workout data.
- MSRP $169.00
Montrail W Lithia Loop Sandal
- Sandals offer excellent arch support so feet can be cared for outside of performance footwear. Can be put in oven and molded to feet for ideal fit.
- MSRP $60.00
Honey Stinger Energy Chews
- Organic natural energy enhanced fruit chews offering a boost of vitamin C and Electrolytes.
- MSRP $2.19
CEP Compression Socks
- Through muscle stabilization and increased blood flow, compression socks help any athlete recover quicker and perform at a higher level.
- MSRP $60.00 USD
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 20 min ago
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos