(PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC 7 CHICAGO TEAMS UP WITH CHICAGO FIREFIGHTERS FOR 'CHANGE YOUR CLOCK; CHANGE YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES' AS PART OF OPERATION SAVE-A-LIFE FIRE SAFETY CAMPAIGN
Replacing home smoke detector batteries is a small and easy step that can mean the difference between life and death. Fresh batteries are critical to insuring smoke detectors work when fire breaks out. Nonetheless, changing those batteries is something people forget to do more often than not.
On Friday, November 2 from 4-5:30 pm, Chicago Firefighters will be out in the community distributing smoke detector batteries and awareness flyers reminding the public that on Sunday, November 4th at 2:00 am it's time to "Change Your Clock AND Change Your Smoke Detector Batteries."
ABC 7's Operation Save-A-Life fire safety and education campaign is now in its 9th year.
Below is a listing of locations where firefighters will be stationed.
State and Lake - Elevated Station
35th and State Street - Green Line
500 N. Canal - Northwestern Station
Belmont and Sheffield, Red Line
Howard and Paulina - Red Line
Kimball and Lawrence - Brown Line
Jefferson Park - Blue Line
Logan Square/Belmont Kimball
63rd and Ashland - Green Line
55th and Dan Ryan - Red Line
63rd and Cottage - Green Line
59th and Stony Island--Illinois Central Station
95th and Dan Ryan, Red Line
10300 Walden Parkway
10400 S. Halsted
79th & South Chicago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer