'Joining Forces With Glory'
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- On Memorial Day weekend, we honor our service members, but we also want to honor their families who are affected by their service.
One person all too familiar with military life is Lisa Mallen (www.lisamallenauthor.com), author of "Joining Forces With Glory" (available at www.bookstandpublishing.com and www.amazon.com). Lisa came into our ABC 7 studio to talk about her childhood and her book.
Facebook: Lisa Renee Guy Mallen
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship