5 Foods to Avoid Feeding Dad
June 10, 2013 -- Father's Day is the perfect opportunity to treat your dad like a king with a Father's Day Brunch. How would you like to show your dad you love him with not only a spectacular meal, but by creating a brunch with a super-immunity punch?
You can easily rev up the health of your brunch to boost immunity, fight aging and heal conditions to help dad look and feel his best by turning everyday foods into superfoods simply by avoiding these 5 foods at your table:
1) Processed oils vs. coconut oils
2) Vegetarian meats vs. Salmon Burger
3) White sugar and artificial sugar vs. Honey and Maple Syrup
4) White flour vs. Nut flours
5) Table Salt and Soy Salt vs. Celtic Salt and Coconut aminos
Oils: The most important nutrition decision you can make is to do away with unrefined and processed oils because they cause inflammation, which is the cornerstone of about every modern day disease, most importantly heart disease.
Vegetarian Meats: I call them "frankenfoods" because they are more of a "food product" then an actual food. They are simply processed gluten mixed in with a poor quality oil. Again, this creates inflammation.
White Sugar and Artificial Sugars: They deplete nutrients from the body creating "nutrient deficiency" or malnutrition. This leaves the door wide open for illness. To create health, you must be "nutrient sufficient" and you do this by putting real foods first. Honey and Maple Syrup are natural sugars that provide nutrients along with the sweetness.
White Flour: White flour is highly processed and causes and creates blood sugar problems. It's found in so many common everyday foods like breads, pastry, pasta, crackers and more. Most are sensitive to flour and feel bloated and tired after eating.
Super Salty: Salt can kill you, or make you well. Table salt is refined and will not move you towards health. Sea salt is full of minerals that all of the structures and functions of your body need to be well.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 52 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...