5 Foods to Avoid Feeding Dad
June 10, 2013 -- Father's Day is the perfect opportunity to treat your dad like a king with a Father's Day Brunch. How would you like to show your dad you love him with not only a spectacular meal, but by creating a brunch with a super-immunity punch?
You can easily rev up the health of your brunch to boost immunity, fight aging and heal conditions to help dad look and feel his best by turning everyday foods into superfoods simply by avoiding these 5 foods at your table:
1) Processed oils vs. coconut oils
2) Vegetarian meats vs. Salmon Burger
3) White sugar and artificial sugar vs. Honey and Maple Syrup
4) White flour vs. Nut flours
5) Table Salt and Soy Salt vs. Celtic Salt and Coconut aminos
Oils: The most important nutrition decision you can make is to do away with unrefined and processed oils because they cause inflammation, which is the cornerstone of about every modern day disease, most importantly heart disease.
Vegetarian Meats: I call them "frankenfoods" because they are more of a "food product" then an actual food. They are simply processed gluten mixed in with a poor quality oil. Again, this creates inflammation.
White Sugar and Artificial Sugars: They deplete nutrients from the body creating "nutrient deficiency" or malnutrition. This leaves the door wide open for illness. To create health, you must be "nutrient sufficient" and you do this by putting real foods first. Honey and Maple Syrup are natural sugars that provide nutrients along with the sweetness.
White Flour: White flour is highly processed and causes and creates blood sugar problems. It's found in so many common everyday foods like breads, pastry, pasta, crackers and more. Most are sensitive to flour and feel bloated and tired after eating.
Super Salty: Salt can kill you, or make you well. Table salt is refined and will not move you towards health. Sea salt is full of minerals that all of the structures and functions of your body need to be well.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 27 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 19 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 11 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping