100 Club of Chicago Family Day
July 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Sunday, July 27, 2013, hundreds of family members of fallen police officers, firefighters and paramedics will have a fun day at the Brookfield Zoo, thanks to the 100 Club of Chicago.
Joe Ahern, CEO of the 100 Club of Chicago, came into our ABC7 studio along with Jay Vincent, son of fallen police officer Larry J. Vincent/ Chair of the Programming Committee of the 100 Club Junior Board/ founder of the Larry J. Vincent Memorial Fund and Scholarship, and Michael Meagher, member of 100 Club Board of Directors/ Senior Vice President of James McHugh Construction, to tell us about the great work of the Club. They are also remembering actor Dennis Farina, the Chicago native who died this week.
While the Family Day is a private event for invited families, zoo visitors are welcome to cheer on the families as they are there.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77