100 Club of Chicago Family Day
July 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Sunday, July 27, 2013, hundreds of family members of fallen police officers, firefighters and paramedics will have a fun day at the Brookfield Zoo, thanks to the 100 Club of Chicago.
Joe Ahern, CEO of the 100 Club of Chicago, came into our ABC7 studio along with Jay Vincent, son of fallen police officer Larry J. Vincent/ Chair of the Programming Committee of the 100 Club Junior Board/ founder of the Larry J. Vincent Memorial Fund and Scholarship, and Michael Meagher, member of 100 Club Board of Directors/ Senior Vice President of James McHugh Construction, to tell us about the great work of the Club. They are also remembering actor Dennis Farina, the Chicago native who died this week.
While the Family Day is a private event for invited families, zoo visitors are welcome to cheer on the families as they are there.
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 49 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 6 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 53 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 37 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 21 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos