HS Football Kick-Off Classic
August 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago Catholic League and public league teams got to play in Soldier Field for the High School Football Kick-off Classic!
Saturday, August 31st, event also honors Down Syndrome Awareness and Special Needs Children.
Event organizer Jim McHugh and Holly Simon, CEO of the organization "I Am Who I Am"joined us live from Soldier Field with more.
Holly says she began her mission from her kitchen table 10 years ago, to change the way people see children with special needs after her 5th child, Nate, was born with Down Syndrome. After his birth the doctors and nurses told her they were sorry. She says Nate is an amazing young man, not worthy of a single sorry. She wants people to learn that our kids are more alike than different. That they all deserve a celebration at their birth -- erase the sorries and replace with a congratulations!
CHICAGO HIGH SCHOOL KICK-OFF CLASSIC
Games at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
$10 adults/$6 students
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains