HS Football Kick-Off Classic
August 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago Catholic League and public league teams got to play in Soldier Field for the High School Football Kick-off Classic!
Saturday, August 31st, event also honors Down Syndrome Awareness and Special Needs Children.
Event organizer Jim McHugh and Holly Simon, CEO of the organization "I Am Who I Am"joined us live from Soldier Field with more.
Holly says she began her mission from her kitchen table 10 years ago, to change the way people see children with special needs after her 5th child, Nate, was born with Down Syndrome. After his birth the doctors and nurses told her they were sorry. She says Nate is an amazing young man, not worthy of a single sorry. She wants people to learn that our kids are more alike than different. That they all deserve a celebration at their birth -- erase the sorries and replace with a congratulations!
CHICAGO HIGH SCHOOL KICK-OFF CLASSIC
Games at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
$10 adults/$6 students
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 24 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault 29 min ago
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
24 min ago