September 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Kate Maehr, Executive Director and CEO Greater Chicago Food Depository and Bob Aiken, Exec. Dir. of Feeding America are kicking off our SNAP Challenge week.
The SNAP Challenge gives participants a view of what life can be like for millions of low-income Americans. Those taking the challenge live on $5/day or $35/week on their meals.
More than 47 million Americans use SNAP benefits to put food on the table.
For more information: www.chicagosfoodbank.org/site/PageNavigator/SNAPChallenge.html
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD