September 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Kate Maehr, Executive Director and CEO Greater Chicago Food Depository and Bob Aiken, Exec. Dir. of Feeding America are kicking off our SNAP Challenge week.
The SNAP Challenge gives participants a view of what life can be like for millions of low-income Americans. Those taking the challenge live on $5/day or $35/week on their meals.
More than 47 million Americans use SNAP benefits to put food on the table.
For more information: www.chicagosfoodbank.org/site/PageNavigator/SNAPChallenge.html
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos