'Movember' raises money for prostate cancer awareness
November 26, 2013 (WLS) -- November is also known these days as "Movember." Maybe a guy you know is taking part, growing out their facial hair to raise awareness, and maybe some money, for prostate cancer awareness.
There are two west suburban fire departments doing just that, and raising money for a good cause at the same time. The friendly wager could end with a 40-year-old mustache getting whacked.
Assistant Chief Tim McElroy will learn in just a couple days if he'll have to shave his mustache, or if that 40-year-old facial friend will get to stay.
For more information, visit: http://us.movember.com/.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 2 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
26 min ago