Seasonal Craft Beers
November 30, 2013 (WLS) -- 'Tis the season for holiday parties - a time to enjoy good food and drink and show off your knowledge about things others might wish they knew, but don't.
For example, wouldn't it be great if you could recommend to your friends how to serve seasonal craft beers with food?
Rebecca Pray, Vice President of Marketing Town & Country Distributors, came into our ABC 7 Eyewitness News studio to give us tips for that.
Rebecca's Beer Tips:
1. Revolution Eugene | Revolution Brewery, Chicago
Info: A striking, robust porter full of warmth and chocolate malt. Eugene is a robust porter named after Eugene V. Debs, an American union leader and activist who led the Pullman Railroad strike in 1894. An assortment of Belgian specialty malts form a complex structure of toasted grain and caramel flavors. Dark chocolate malt makes this porter black as night and infuses it with its distinct intense, chocolate essence
Pairing: Chocolate Covered Bacon
2. Boulevard Nut Cracker Ale | Boulevard Brewing Co. Kansas City, Mo
STYLE: Christmas Ale
Info: Nutcracker Ale is Boulevard's holiday gift for real beer lovers. This hearty, warming brew is a classic winter ale, deep amber in color with hints of molasses balanced by the "spiciness" of freshly harvested Chinook hops.
Pairing: Egg Nog Cheese Cake
3. Dogfish Head Birra Etrusca Bronze | Dogfish Head Brewery Milton, DE
STYLE: Ancient Ale
Info: The backbone of Birra Etrusca comes from two-row malted barley and an heirloom Italian wheat. Specialty ingredients include hazelnut flour, pomegranates, Italian chestnut honey, Delaware wildflower honey and clover honey.
Pairing: Fresh Fruit Tart
4. Sam Adams Merry Maker | Boston Brewing Co, Boston, MA.
STYLE: Gingerbread Stout
Info: The flavor of gingerbread comes alive beginning with the smooth sweetness and heartiness of dark roasted malts and a touch of wheat. But it's the intensity and spices of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, & ginger that ad a wicked kick to this jolly and playful brew.
Pairing: Coffee or Espresso Ice Cream-Beer Float
5. Leinenkugel Snowdrift Vanilla Porter | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. Chippewa Falls, WI.
STYLE: Porter with Vanilla
Info: Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugel's seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.
Pairing: Chocolate Cherry Cake
6. New Holland Cabin Fever | New Holland Brewery, Holland, MI.
STYLE: Brown Ale
Info: Cabin Fever is a roasty brown ale and a hearty, comforting companion for long, mind-bending winters.
Pairing: Smoked Cheddar
7. New Belgium Folly Pack | New Belgium Brewing, Ft. Collins, Co
Info: Includes: Fat Tire, Ranger, Abbey, 2 Below
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 1 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 1 min ago
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos