ABC 7 Chicago presents The N Beat: "Success by Design"
March 12, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, THE Ñ BEAT will profile the men and women who have brought prominence and prestige to Chicago's Latino fashion community. THE Ñ BEAT: "SUCCESS BY DESIGN" will air Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. THE Ñ BEAT is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, THE Ñ BEAT will profile the men and women who have brought prominence and prestige to Chicago's Latino fashion community. THE Ñ BEAT: "SUCCESS BY DESIGN" will air Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. THE Ñ BEAT is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
This edition of THE Ñ BEAT will spotlight a premiere event that has the fashion industry taking note of Latino designers here in Chicago, "Latino Fashion Week." THE Ñ BEAT talks to event producers Cesar Rolon and Arabel Rosales about their efforts to push the talents and clothing lines of local designers into the collective consciousness of national retailers.
Famed actress/dancer Rita Moreno, on hand for the "Latino Fashion Week" last year, sat down with Theresa Gutierrez to discuss how her challenges as a Latina actress trying to break into Hollywood mirror some of the challenges faced by Latino designers trying to attain recognition in the glamorous world of fashion.
Far away from the fashion industry buzz in New York City, local Latino designers in Chicago work to keep their ideas fresh and fashionable for today's consumers. ABC 7's Stacey Baca introduces James De Colon, a couture designer who has made his home in Chicago. De Colon gives viewers an exclusive preview of his spring and summer collections.
Gutierrez shares the story of Elda De La Rosa, another couture designer who is building her Gold Coast boutique one client at a time.
Horacio Nieto, winner of the "AOL Fashionista Award," an internet design competition, talks to ABC 7's John Garcia and also previews his spring and summer collections.
Finally, Michelle Gomez discusses hair and makeup as a fashion accessory. The owner of two successful salons in Chicago's Lincoln Park and Bucktown neighborhoods, she is on the cutting edge of style for young Latina women.
"The Ñ Beat" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
"The Ñ Beat" is produced by Edgar Vargas.
Contact information for "Ñ Beat: Success by Design"
2) Elda De La Rosa Couture 5555 North Sheridan Road Suite 0015 Chicago, Illinois 60640 773-769-3128 firstname.lastname@example.org www.eldadelarosa.com
3) Michelle & Melissa Gomez Dynamic Studio (Lincoln Park) 2543 N. Clybourn Chicago, Il 773-472-1400
5) James De Col˛n, designer 312-846-6345 email@example.com
6) Cesar Rol˛n Jr. 773-251-3329 firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Arabel Alva Rosales 773-346-0101 email@example.com
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 25 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos