ABC 7 Chicago presents The N Beat: "Success by Design"
March 12, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, THE Ñ BEAT will profile the men and women who have brought prominence and prestige to Chicago's Latino fashion community. THE Ñ BEAT: "SUCCESS BY DESIGN" will air Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. THE Ñ BEAT is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, THE Ñ BEAT will profile the men and women who have brought prominence and prestige to Chicago's Latino fashion community. THE Ñ BEAT: "SUCCESS BY DESIGN" will air Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. THE Ñ BEAT is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
This edition of THE Ñ BEAT will spotlight a premiere event that has the fashion industry taking note of Latino designers here in Chicago, "Latino Fashion Week." THE Ñ BEAT talks to event producers Cesar Rolon and Arabel Rosales about their efforts to push the talents and clothing lines of local designers into the collective consciousness of national retailers.
Famed actress/dancer Rita Moreno, on hand for the "Latino Fashion Week" last year, sat down with Theresa Gutierrez to discuss how her challenges as a Latina actress trying to break into Hollywood mirror some of the challenges faced by Latino designers trying to attain recognition in the glamorous world of fashion.
Far away from the fashion industry buzz in New York City, local Latino designers in Chicago work to keep their ideas fresh and fashionable for today's consumers. ABC 7's Stacey Baca introduces James De Colon, a couture designer who has made his home in Chicago. De Colon gives viewers an exclusive preview of his spring and summer collections.
Gutierrez shares the story of Elda De La Rosa, another couture designer who is building her Gold Coast boutique one client at a time.
Horacio Nieto, winner of the "AOL Fashionista Award," an internet design competition, talks to ABC 7's John Garcia and also previews his spring and summer collections.
Finally, Michelle Gomez discusses hair and makeup as a fashion accessory. The owner of two successful salons in Chicago's Lincoln Park and Bucktown neighborhoods, she is on the cutting edge of style for young Latina women.
"The Ñ Beat" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
"The Ñ Beat" is produced by Edgar Vargas.
Contact information for "Ñ Beat: Success by Design"
2) Elda De La Rosa Couture 5555 North Sheridan Road Suite 0015 Chicago, Illinois 60640 773-769-3128 firstname.lastname@example.org www.eldadelarosa.com
3) Michelle & Melissa Gomez Dynamic Studio (Lincoln Park) 2543 N. Clybourn Chicago, Il 773-472-1400
5) James De Col˛n, designer 312-846-6345 email@example.com
6) Cesar Rol˛n Jr. 773-251-3329 firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Arabel Alva Rosales 773-346-0101 email@example.com
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell 15 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare' 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 33 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 51 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 25 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage 46 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 23 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake