ABC 7 Chicago presents The N Beat: "Success by Design"
March 12, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, THE Ñ BEAT will profile the men and women who have brought prominence and prestige to Chicago's Latino fashion community. THE Ñ BEAT: "SUCCESS BY DESIGN" will air Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. THE Ñ BEAT is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, THE Ñ BEAT will profile the men and women who have brought prominence and prestige to Chicago's Latino fashion community. THE Ñ BEAT: "SUCCESS BY DESIGN" will air Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, April 4 at 4:30 p.m. THE Ñ BEAT is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
This edition of THE Ñ BEAT will spotlight a premiere event that has the fashion industry taking note of Latino designers here in Chicago, "Latino Fashion Week." THE Ñ BEAT talks to event producers Cesar Rolon and Arabel Rosales about their efforts to push the talents and clothing lines of local designers into the collective consciousness of national retailers.
Famed actress/dancer Rita Moreno, on hand for the "Latino Fashion Week" last year, sat down with Theresa Gutierrez to discuss how her challenges as a Latina actress trying to break into Hollywood mirror some of the challenges faced by Latino designers trying to attain recognition in the glamorous world of fashion.
Far away from the fashion industry buzz in New York City, local Latino designers in Chicago work to keep their ideas fresh and fashionable for today's consumers. ABC 7's Stacey Baca introduces James De Colon, a couture designer who has made his home in Chicago. De Colon gives viewers an exclusive preview of his spring and summer collections.
Gutierrez shares the story of Elda De La Rosa, another couture designer who is building her Gold Coast boutique one client at a time.
Horacio Nieto, winner of the "AOL Fashionista Award," an internet design competition, talks to ABC 7's John Garcia and also previews his spring and summer collections.
Finally, Michelle Gomez discusses hair and makeup as a fashion accessory. The owner of two successful salons in Chicago's Lincoln Park and Bucktown neighborhoods, she is on the cutting edge of style for young Latina women.
"The Ñ Beat" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
"The Ñ Beat" is produced by Edgar Vargas.
Contact information for "Ñ Beat: Success by Design"
2) Elda De La Rosa Couture 5555 North Sheridan Road Suite 0015 Chicago, Illinois 60640 773-769-3128 firstname.lastname@example.org www.eldadelarosa.com
3) Michelle & Melissa Gomez Dynamic Studio (Lincoln Park) 2543 N. Clybourn Chicago, Il 773-472-1400
5) James De Col˛n, designer 312-846-6345 email@example.com
6) Cesar Rol˛n Jr. 773-251-3329 firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Arabel Alva Rosales 773-346-0101 email@example.com
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 30 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 18 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
28 min ago