ABC7 celebrates St. Patrick's Day with hour-long parade broadcast
March 5, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Sunday, March 14, everyone's Irish -- and ABC7 Chicago continued the celebration of a grand Chicago tradition with the 27th annual broadcast of the St. Patrick's Day Parade from 11am until Noon. Mike Caplan, Frank Mathie and Joel Daly teamed up to host ABC7's live coverage of the bagpipers, floats, marching bands and marching politicians that make this one of the most celebrated events in Chicago each year.
The Grand Marshal for this year was Bob Ryan, "the Voice" of the St. Patrick's Day Parade who has been announcing the parade units as they approach the reviewing stand for more than three decades. The official parade guest of honor was Pat Fitzgerald, head coach of the Northwestern Wildcats football team.
Twenty-seven bands, 70 floats, thousands of marchers and a few leprechauns were featured as the parade proceeded from Balbo Drive, north on Columbus Drive to Monroe Street. The ABC7 Chicago float was also part of the festivities featuring ABC7's Mark Giangreco, Tracy Butler, Ravi Baichwal, Stacey Baca, Mike Caplan and "Mr. Food."
The St. Patrick's Day Parade was broadcast in high definition and is available on demand at abc7chicago.com.
Christopher Bowen was the executive producer of the parade.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 42 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 50 min ago
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 7 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 19 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos