ABC 7 to provide complete election coverage
October 28, 2010 (PRESS RELEASE) -- ABC 7, Chicago's first choice for news, will provide the latest election results on multiple platforms during VOTE 2010 coverage of the general election, Tuesday, November 2.
ABC 7 Chicago's extensive coverage will feature live, local election updates all evening long, on-air and on-line. Expanded non-stop coverage begins at 10 pm with ABC 7 anchors Kathy Brock, Ron Magers, Cheryl Burton and Political Reporter Charles Thomas, along with the ABC 7 news team.
Laura S. Washington, who will appear weekly on ABC 7 Morning News as a political analyst, will also join the ABC 7 news team, adding another dimension to election night analysis. Washington has more than two decades of experience as a multi-media journalist. Her column has appeared in the Chicago Sun-Times since 2001.
For viewers on-the-go, ABC 7 will continue to offer up-to-the-minute election results via Web enabled cell phones and wireless handheld devices at abc7togo.com. Results will also be available on ABC 7 Chicago's iPhone, Android and Blackberry apps. on air, online and on-the-go
Now voters, wherever they are, can access the most up-to-date election results on-air, on-line at abc7chicago.com , or as a FACEBOOK fan of ABC 7 Chicago News at 10, or on TWITTER at ABC7Chicago.
In addition to incisive election coverage, ABC 7 CHICAGO is featuring a comprehensive on-line resource for voters at ABC 7 Chicago.com. This candidates' forum gives voters instant access to the candidates and their positions on the important issues. Video statements from candidates running in the Illinois Governor, U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois statewide offices and Cook County countywide races are featured.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 11 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 31 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 1 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 9 min ago
- CTA eyes Red Line extension proposals 4 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 45 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos