The N Beat: Finding A Way Home Again
March 26, 2011 (WLS) -- Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC7's John Garcia, THE N BEAT will put a face on homelessness in Chicago's Latino community.
THE N BEAT: "Finding a Way Home Again," will air Saturday, March 26 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Sunday, March 27 at 4:30 p.m. THE N BEAT is an Emmy Award-winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
This edition of THE N BEAT will shine a spotlight on the painful reality of living without a home as evidenced in the Latino community. In today's harsh economic climate, the Latino community represents a new population of homeless people, a population that once relied on well-paid blue- and white-collar jobs, but now finds itself out of work and unable to meet financial needs. With the cooperation of A Safe Haven Foundation, Casa Central-La Posada and the San Jose Orebro Mission, THE N BEAT examines those families facing life homeless as they reach out to these community-based, transitional shelters.
Three families and one single father open up on camera about their lives on the street and the turning point that brought them to seek refuge at a shelter in hopes of rebuilding their life. One homeless 12-year-old who is living at A Safe Haven Foundation shelter talks about how she is clinging to the hope that her mother will find a job to help them live independently.
Casa Central - La Posada
3209 W. Evergreen St.
Chicago, Illinois 60651
A safe Haven Foundation
2750 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
San Jose Obrero Mission
1856 S. Loomis St.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
"The N Beat" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com
"The N Beat" is produced by Edgar Vargas.
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell 11 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 20 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 1 13 min ago
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up 44 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 30 min ago
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at...
11 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways,...
6 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
20 min ago