'Chicago's Mayor: The Daley Years'
May 12, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An in-depth look at Mayor Richard M. Daley's career as he leaves Chicago City Hall after 22 years in office.
ABC 7's Kathy Brock and Ron Magers host ''Chicago's Mayor: The Daley Years,'' a half hour special on Mayor Richard M. Daley's 22 years in office.
Mayor Daley sat down for a one-on-one interview with ABC7's Ben Bradley. ABC reporters Charles Thomas, Cheryl Burton, Chuck Goudie and Paul Meincke also contribute to the special.
Whether you're a supporter of Mayor Daley or a critic, whether you admire how he shaped the city or focus on his mistakes, there's one thing that's difficult to deny: Mayor Richard M. Daley was and always will be passionate about the city of Chicago.
"Chicago's Mayor: The Daley Year" looks at the mayor's accomplishments, his critics and the emotion of leaving the job he loved, which made him one of the most powerful men in the country. The mayor spoke about his family, his political impact, his travel around the world, future plans and what he hopes his legacy will be.
Topics include Chicago's racial divide, international aspirations, the city's landscape and the mayor's efforts to go green. Also, a look at the controversy around the mayor's tenure and the lighter side in the Chicago's spotlight.
Finally, the Mayor lets his hair down when he turns the tables and interviews his press secretary, Jackie Heard.
"Chicago's Mayor: The Daley Years" was produced by Wilson Toy.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos