'Oprah Looks Back: 25 years of the Oprah Winfrey Show'
May 16, 2011 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- In an exclusive interview, Oprah Winfrey sits down with ABC 7 Chicago's Cheryl Burton for an in-depth conversation reflecting on her life, the impact of The Oprah Winfrey Show and her plans for the future. The resulting half-hour special, Oprah Looks Back: 25 Years of the Oprah Winfrey Show, will air Tuesday, May 24th at 6:30 pm, one night prior to the final, original airing of the Oprah Winfrey Show on May 25, 2011. The interview was taped at Oprah's Harpo Studios in Chicago and will air on the ABC owned television stations.
In 1984, a little-known broadcaster with an unusual name came from Baltimore to Chicago with a new opportunity: to host a local talk show on WLS-TV called AM Chicago. Her openness, charisma and unsurpassed ability to connect with viewers catapulted the show to first place in the ratings on WLS-TV, the ABC owned station in Chicago. In 1986, under her new Chicago production company, Harpo Productions, Winfrey launched the Oprah Winfrey Show, syndicating to 145 countries worldwide. Millions of people around the globe faithfully watched Oprah and listened to what she had to say, making her one of the most influential and respected women of our time.
After 25 years, Winfrey will end one chapter of her life as her daytime television show wraps up its final season. During this half-hour special, Cheryl Burton talks to Oprah about her life's journey up to this point and her amazing legacy. In addition, celebrities and viewers from around the country recall their favorite moments from the Oprah Winfrey Show and share their feelings about what Oprah means to them.
Oprah Looks Back: 25 Years of the Oprah Winfrey Showis available on demand at abc7chicago.com.
Bob Bates is the producer of Oprah Looks Back: 25 Years of the Oprah Winfrey Show .
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 33 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill 42 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Chicago River dyeing draws crowds
40 min ago
- Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade 2014
25 min ago