ABC7 broadcasts Chicago's Memorial Day Parade
May 29, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago salutes the nation's veterans with the broadcast of Chicago's Memorial Day Parade, the largest annual Memorial Day Parade in the country, Sunday, May 29, from 4 - 5:00 pm on ABC 7.
The Memorial Day Parade, hosted by ABC 7's anchors Ravi Baichwal and Stacey Baca, kicked off from State and Lake, proceeding south down State Street to Van Buren Street. The parade took place on Saturday, May 28th and began at noon.
ABC7 Chicago's Judy Hsu, Jim Rose, Ben Bradley, Sarah Schulte and Theresa Gutierrez were part of the festivities as they rode atop the station float.
The Memorial Day Parade paid tribute to the fallen heroes who have made the greatest sacrifice in defense of our country and freedom. This year's Grand Marshal was General Raymond T. Odierno, United States Army, Commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command. During the parade, Odierno swore in new recruits representing many branches of service.
The Memorial Day Parade was produced by ABC7 Chicago's Christopher Bowen.
ABC7's broadcast of the parade is available on-demand.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 44 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw 45 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains 20 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
44 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
45 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
15 min ago