ABC7 broadcasts Chicago's Memorial Day Parade
May 29, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago salutes the nation's veterans with the broadcast of Chicago's Memorial Day Parade, the largest annual Memorial Day Parade in the country, Sunday, May 29, from 4 - 5:00 pm on ABC 7.
The Memorial Day Parade, hosted by ABC 7's anchors Ravi Baichwal and Stacey Baca, kicked off from State and Lake, proceeding south down State Street to Van Buren Street. The parade took place on Saturday, May 28th and began at noon.
ABC7 Chicago's Judy Hsu, Jim Rose, Ben Bradley, Sarah Schulte and Theresa Gutierrez were part of the festivities as they rode atop the station float.
The Memorial Day Parade paid tribute to the fallen heroes who have made the greatest sacrifice in defense of our country and freedom. This year's Grand Marshal was General Raymond T. Odierno, United States Army, Commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command. During the parade, Odierno swore in new recruits representing many branches of service.
The Memorial Day Parade was produced by ABC7 Chicago's Christopher Bowen.
ABC7's broadcast of the parade is available on-demand.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913