ABC7 broadcasts The Puerto Rican Day Parade
June 19 (NEWS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago is proud to be the broadcast home for "The Puerto Rican Day Parade," as it has been for the past 34 years. Hosted by General Assignment Reporter and Host of "Ñ BEAT," Theresa Gutierrez, the parade aired Sunday, June 19, from 11:30am-12:30pm. (The Puerto Rican Day Parade took place on Saturday, June 18, and began at noon).
ABC7 is the only station in the market to produce and air this important community event. The parade is available on-demand at ABC7Chicago.com now.
ABC7 Chicago's Cheryl Burton, Phil Schwarz, Roz Varon, and Jerry Taft joined in the festivities atop the ABC7 Chicago float.
The 45th annual "Puerto Rican Day Parade" pays tribute to Chicago's rich Puerto Rican culture. It kicked off at Columbus and Balbo Drives with a colorful procession of floats, folk dancers, reggaeton musical groups and salsa dancers. Participants represented their various hometowns in Puerto Rico.
This year's Honorary Grand Marshal was Bishop Tomas Lozada, 79, who was awarded the Purple Heart this past March for his service in the Korean War nearly 60 years ago.
"The Puerto Rican Day Parade" was produced by ABC 7's Edgar Vargas.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game