The 42nd Annual Pride Parade
June 26, 2011 (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago was pleased to broadcast "The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" on Sunday, June 26 from 11:35 p.m. to 12:35 a.m.
Hosted by ABC 7's Entertainment Reporter and Host of "190 NORTH," Janet Davies, this is the eighth year ABC 7 Chicago has covered the parade. Terri Hemmert, from WXRT Radio Chicago, once again joined Davies in the broadcast booth to help co-host the parade. The actual parade began Sunday, June 26, at noon.
This year, ABC7's Cheryl Burton, Ryan Chiaverini, Jessica D'Onofrio, Leah Hope, Karen Jordan, Ron Magers, Karen Meyer, Hosea Sanders, Val Warner, Rafer Weigel, Linda Yu were scheduled to appear in the parade via ABC 7 Chicago's float, while "190 NORTH's" Mark Nilsson captures the festivities on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" kicked off from Halsted and Belmont on Chicago's North Side and ended a weekend of festivities and entertainment supporting the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities. Fernanda Rocha, best known for her role as the first lesbian cast member on the Bravo show, "The Real Housewives of Orange County," was this year's Grand Marshal.
The "Pride Parade" is Chicago's second largest parade with 250 units and over 400,000 people on the street.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is now available on-demand here at ABC7Chicago.com on Monday.
"The 42nd Annual Pride Parade" is produced by Christopher Bowen.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits