'Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend'
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Air & Water Show's breathtaking action soared to new heights when ABC7 Chicago presented the broadcast of "Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" Sunday, August 21 at 10:35 p.m.
Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special aired Sunday, August 21st with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 28th at 4:30 pm.
Taft and Butler gave viewers a close-up look at the lakefront spectacle spotlighting the thrills and chills of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds as they performed aerobatic maneuvers that represent the pride, precision, and professionalism of the U.S. Air Force.
CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND also featured the "Golden Knights," as they jumped out of aircraft at 12,500 feet above earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 mph.
In addition to the Thunderbirds and the Golden Knights, the U.S. Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs also served as a top headline performer. Returning military and civilian favorites included the Chicago Fire Department Air & Sea Rescue Team, AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, and the radical extreme style flying of the "Firebirds." Also stunning onlookers, Sean Tucker & Team Oracle returned to fly daredevil feats of precision at 300 miles per hour.
Last, but certainly not least, military pilot and captain, Herb Hunter, commemorated his 24th year as the "Voice for the Chicago Air & Water Show".
The Air & Water Show took place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" was produced by Edgar Vargas & Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A Wet and Wild Weekend" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos