'Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend'
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Air & Water Show's breathtaking action soared to new heights when ABC7 Chicago presented the broadcast of "Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" Sunday, August 21 at 10:35 p.m.
Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special aired Sunday, August 21st with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 28th at 4:30 pm.
Taft and Butler gave viewers a close-up look at the lakefront spectacle spotlighting the thrills and chills of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds as they performed aerobatic maneuvers that represent the pride, precision, and professionalism of the U.S. Air Force.
CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND also featured the "Golden Knights," as they jumped out of aircraft at 12,500 feet above earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 mph.
In addition to the Thunderbirds and the Golden Knights, the U.S. Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs also served as a top headline performer. Returning military and civilian favorites included the Chicago Fire Department Air & Sea Rescue Team, AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, and the radical extreme style flying of the "Firebirds." Also stunning onlookers, Sean Tucker & Team Oracle returned to fly daredevil feats of precision at 300 miles per hour.
Last, but certainly not least, military pilot and captain, Herb Hunter, commemorated his 24th year as the "Voice for the Chicago Air & Water Show".
The Air & Water Show took place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" was produced by Edgar Vargas & Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A Wet and Wild Weekend" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party