'Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend'
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Air & Water Show's breathtaking action soared to new heights when ABC7 Chicago presented the broadcast of "Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" Sunday, August 21 at 10:35 p.m.
Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special aired Sunday, August 21st with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 28th at 4:30 pm.
Taft and Butler gave viewers a close-up look at the lakefront spectacle spotlighting the thrills and chills of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds as they performed aerobatic maneuvers that represent the pride, precision, and professionalism of the U.S. Air Force.
CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND also featured the "Golden Knights," as they jumped out of aircraft at 12,500 feet above earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 mph.
In addition to the Thunderbirds and the Golden Knights, the U.S. Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs also served as a top headline performer. Returning military and civilian favorites included the Chicago Fire Department Air & Sea Rescue Team, AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, and the radical extreme style flying of the "Firebirds." Also stunning onlookers, Sean Tucker & Team Oracle returned to fly daredevil feats of precision at 300 miles per hour.
Last, but certainly not least, military pilot and captain, Herb Hunter, commemorated his 24th year as the "Voice for the Chicago Air & Water Show".
The Air & Water Show took place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" was produced by Edgar Vargas & Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A Wet and Wild Weekend" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2, injures 23 37 min ago
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Dogs reunited with Avondale couple after break-in
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago