'Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend'
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Air & Water Show's breathtaking action soared to new heights when ABC7 Chicago presented the broadcast of "Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" Sunday, August 21 at 10:35 p.m.
Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special aired Sunday, August 21st with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 28th at 4:30 pm.
Taft and Butler gave viewers a close-up look at the lakefront spectacle spotlighting the thrills and chills of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds as they performed aerobatic maneuvers that represent the pride, precision, and professionalism of the U.S. Air Force.
CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND also featured the "Golden Knights," as they jumped out of aircraft at 12,500 feet above earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 mph.
In addition to the Thunderbirds and the Golden Knights, the U.S. Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs also served as a top headline performer. Returning military and civilian favorites included the Chicago Fire Department Air & Sea Rescue Team, AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, and the radical extreme style flying of the "Firebirds." Also stunning onlookers, Sean Tucker & Team Oracle returned to fly daredevil feats of precision at 300 miles per hour.
Last, but certainly not least, military pilot and captain, Herb Hunter, commemorated his 24th year as the "Voice for the Chicago Air & Water Show".
The Air & Water Show took place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" was produced by Edgar Vargas & Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A Wet and Wild Weekend" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 10 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 11 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 44 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos