82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A summer tradition in Chicago since 1929 continued with ABC7's broadcast of the 82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade, live and in HD, Saturday, August 13, 10:00 am - 12:30pm.
ABC7 anchors Cheryl Burton, Jim Rose, and Hosea Sanders co-hosted from the broadcast booth capturing all the fun for viewers watching at home. ABC7's weekend anchor Karen Jordan and Windy City LIVE co-host Val Warner were also a part of the festivities, checking out the action along the parade route.
In addition, members of the ABC 7 news team including Linda Yu, Charles Thomas, Leah Hope Laura Washington and Windy City LIVE co-host Ryan Chiaverini rode atop the station's colorful float.
With more than 1.5 million people in attendance, the Bud Billiken Parade is the largest African-American parade and the second largest parade overall in the country. Recognized as a day of family fun and celebration, the parade has become an anticipated event in Chicago each August. The Bud Billiken Parade makes its way down Martin Luther King Drive from 42nd Street to Washington Park.
ABC7's broadcast of the Bud Billiken Parade is available on-demand here online.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the Bud Billiken Parade.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 48 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 9 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton 49 min ago
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
18 min ago
- 7 in 77