82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A summer tradition in Chicago since 1929 continued with ABC7's broadcast of the 82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade, live and in HD, Saturday, August 13, 10:00 am - 12:30pm.
ABC7 anchors Cheryl Burton, Jim Rose, and Hosea Sanders co-hosted from the broadcast booth capturing all the fun for viewers watching at home. ABC7's weekend anchor Karen Jordan and Windy City LIVE co-host Val Warner were also a part of the festivities, checking out the action along the parade route.
In addition, members of the ABC 7 news team including Linda Yu, Charles Thomas, Leah Hope Laura Washington and Windy City LIVE co-host Ryan Chiaverini rode atop the station's colorful float.
With more than 1.5 million people in attendance, the Bud Billiken Parade is the largest African-American parade and the second largest parade overall in the country. Recognized as a day of family fun and celebration, the parade has become an anticipated event in Chicago each August. The Bud Billiken Parade makes its way down Martin Luther King Drive from 42nd Street to Washington Park.
ABC7's broadcast of the Bud Billiken Parade is available on-demand here online.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the Bud Billiken Parade.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robbery suspect sought by FBI
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked 6 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Making Your Own Candy Canes
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area