82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A summer tradition in Chicago since 1929 continued with ABC7's broadcast of the 82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade, live and in HD, Saturday, August 13, 10:00 am - 12:30pm.
ABC7 anchors Cheryl Burton, Jim Rose, and Hosea Sanders co-hosted from the broadcast booth capturing all the fun for viewers watching at home. ABC7's weekend anchor Karen Jordan and Windy City LIVE co-host Val Warner were also a part of the festivities, checking out the action along the parade route.
In addition, members of the ABC 7 news team including Linda Yu, Charles Thomas, Leah Hope Laura Washington and Windy City LIVE co-host Ryan Chiaverini rode atop the station's colorful float.
With more than 1.5 million people in attendance, the Bud Billiken Parade is the largest African-American parade and the second largest parade overall in the country. Recognized as a day of family fun and celebration, the parade has become an anticipated event in Chicago each August. The Bud Billiken Parade makes its way down Martin Luther King Drive from 42nd Street to Washington Park.
ABC7's broadcast of the Bud Billiken Parade is available on-demand here online.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the Bud Billiken Parade.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 31 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 1 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 54 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
48 min ago