Countdown Chicago 2012
January 1, 2012 (WLS) -- Co-hosts Mark Giangreco and Janet Davies, along with Hosea Sanders and 190 North's Mark Nilsson and Doug Banks, once again take the reins of Chicago's favorite New Year's Eve show to help Chicagoans ring in 2012 during ABC 7's COUNTDOWN CHICAGO.
The hour-long special, is the only live, local New Year's Eve countdown show in the city. A Chicago tradition for the past 21 years, COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2012 starts this New Year off with a bang featuring the hottest parties, spectacular fireworks and Chi-town musical talent. Also featured, Windy City LIVE's Val Warner and Ryan Chiaverini share some New Year's tips and surprises.
It's the most thrilling night of the year and ABC 7 viewers have front row seats to all the excitement and hoopla that are part of this city's New Year's Eve tradition. Davies and Giangreco anchored from Mayne Stage in Rogers Park as they feature British R&B singer James Hunter .
Next, Hosea Sanders took viewers to the South Loop to the home of the new Buddy Guy's Legends to hear one of Chicago's premiere blues acts, Li'l Ed and the Blues Imperials.
Mark Nilsson was live from the Hotel InterContinental O'Hare to rock n' roll with the Old 97's. Also on stage, the very versatile vocalist Cathy Richardson, who shows she knows how to get a party started.
Doug Banks adds the sizzle from Rumba Chicago where people will be dancing the night away. And old school "Salsero," Mannix Martinez, whose musical heritage links him to the popular El Gran Combo, will be keeping the Latin beat well into the New Year.
Davies and Giangreco counted down to 2012 with the help a soulful performance from James Hunter, at which point Chicago's fantastic fireworks display from Navy Pier brought in the New Year with a bang!
ABC 7's COUNTDOWN CHICAGO continues to be a favorite among viewers--far and away Chicago's #1 program at midnight.
Christopher Bowen and Janet Davies are the executive producers of COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2012.
Cathy Vlahogiannis and Edgar Vargas are the producers.
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game