Countdown Chicago 2012
January 1, 2012 (WLS) -- Co-hosts Mark Giangreco and Janet Davies, along with Hosea Sanders and 190 North's Mark Nilsson and Doug Banks, once again take the reins of Chicago's favorite New Year's Eve show to help Chicagoans ring in 2012 during ABC 7's COUNTDOWN CHICAGO.
The hour-long special, is the only live, local New Year's Eve countdown show in the city. A Chicago tradition for the past 21 years, COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2012 starts this New Year off with a bang featuring the hottest parties, spectacular fireworks and Chi-town musical talent. Also featured, Windy City LIVE's Val Warner and Ryan Chiaverini share some New Year's tips and surprises.
It's the most thrilling night of the year and ABC 7 viewers have front row seats to all the excitement and hoopla that are part of this city's New Year's Eve tradition. Davies and Giangreco anchored from Mayne Stage in Rogers Park as they feature British R&B singer James Hunter .
Next, Hosea Sanders took viewers to the South Loop to the home of the new Buddy Guy's Legends to hear one of Chicago's premiere blues acts, Li'l Ed and the Blues Imperials.
Mark Nilsson was live from the Hotel InterContinental O'Hare to rock n' roll with the Old 97's. Also on stage, the very versatile vocalist Cathy Richardson, who shows she knows how to get a party started.
Doug Banks adds the sizzle from Rumba Chicago where people will be dancing the night away. And old school "Salsero," Mannix Martinez, whose musical heritage links him to the popular El Gran Combo, will be keeping the Latin beat well into the New Year.
Davies and Giangreco counted down to 2012 with the help a soulful performance from James Hunter, at which point Chicago's fantastic fireworks display from Navy Pier brought in the New Year with a bang!
ABC 7's COUNTDOWN CHICAGO continues to be a favorite among viewers--far and away Chicago's #1 program at midnight.
Christopher Bowen and Janet Davies are the executive producers of COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2012.
Cathy Vlahogiannis and Edgar Vargas are the producers.
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Orb trainer McGaughey fights nerves at Preakness
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin