Step Up For Kids 2012
Janaury 2012 -- More than 2,000 steppers to scale Chicago's Aon Building to raise funds for Children's Memorial Hospital.
Who: More than 2,000 serious athletes, fitness enthusiasts, families, and Children's Memorial supporters.
6-year-old Children's Memorial patient Madison Dempsey, being treated for leukemia, will serve as the patient champion and will officially kick off the race.
What: The 15th Annual Aon Step Up for Kids stair climb to the top of the Aon Center will benefit the children and families served by the fundraising efforts of K.I.D.S.S. for Kids, an affiliated organization of Children's Memorial Hospital, and the hospital's Family Services department.
When: Sunday, January 29
7:45 a.m. -- Welcome and Program
8:00 a. m. --First step-off
Where: Aon Center
Upper Lobby (Enter on Randolph Street side lower level)
200 East Randolph
Why: The event is expected to raise $600,000 for the hospital's Family Services department. Many of the steppers are honoring loved ones who have been cared for at the hospital or who have been patients themselves.
Children's Memorial is building a world-class children's hospital, Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, opening on June 9, 2012. The 23-story, state-of-the-art hospital is located in downtown Chicago on the campus of our academic partner, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and will offer the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. The hospital seeks the support of the entire community to complete Lurie Children's and help make Chicago the healthiest place in the nation for kids.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 23 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 24 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
17 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
23 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
24 min ago