Step Up For Kids 2012
Janaury 2012 -- More than 2,000 steppers to scale Chicago's Aon Building to raise funds for Children's Memorial Hospital.
Who: More than 2,000 serious athletes, fitness enthusiasts, families, and Children's Memorial supporters.
6-year-old Children's Memorial patient Madison Dempsey, being treated for leukemia, will serve as the patient champion and will officially kick off the race.
What: The 15th Annual Aon Step Up for Kids stair climb to the top of the Aon Center will benefit the children and families served by the fundraising efforts of K.I.D.S.S. for Kids, an affiliated organization of Children's Memorial Hospital, and the hospital's Family Services department.
When: Sunday, January 29
7:45 a.m. -- Welcome and Program
8:00 a. m. --First step-off
Where: Aon Center
Upper Lobby (Enter on Randolph Street side lower level)
200 East Randolph
Why: The event is expected to raise $600,000 for the hospital's Family Services department. Many of the steppers are honoring loved ones who have been cared for at the hospital or who have been patients themselves.
Children's Memorial is building a world-class children's hospital, Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, opening on June 9, 2012. The 23-story, state-of-the-art hospital is located in downtown Chicago on the campus of our academic partner, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and will offer the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. The hospital seeks the support of the entire community to complete Lurie Children's and help make Chicago the healthiest place in the nation for kids.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 17 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Video: I-Team: Wanted by international police
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- 1 injured after car collides with school bus in Kenosha
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Woman charged after crashing car into Burbank house
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
17 min ago