AccessChicago Returns to Navy Pier July 19, 2012
July 2012 (CHICAGO) NEWS RELEASE -- Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) is presenting AccessChicago, the largest exposition in the midwest of products and services for people with disabilities and their families on Thursday, July 19, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Festival Hall A at Navy Pier.
This free event promotes the independence and inclusion of people with all types of disabilities by showcasing the wide range of accessible venues, products and services in Chicago.
"Access Chicago provides people with disabilities the opportunity to access many valuable services, products and programs designed specifically to improve independence and quality of life," said Karen Tamley, Commissioner of the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities.
More than 100 vendors will provide disability-related information and invite attendees to test products, assistive devices, vehicles and participate in a variety of accessible sports and recreation activities. In addition, the expo provides information on employment, assistive devices, independent living services, educational programs, transportation, and housing.
- The latest accessibility products
- Community-based and government services supporting people with disabilities
- Free health screenings
- Employment resources for job seekers with disabilities
- Accessible sports and recreation including fishing, sailing, bullet ball, aerobics, rowing, bowling, judo and an adaptive climbing wall
- Chicago Park District sponsored 3 on 3 wheelchair basketball tournament
- Artists and performers with disabilities
- Activities for kids of all ages
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 1 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
19 min ago