'Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend'
August 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Watch ''Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend!'' Just click here to see the best of the Chicago Air and Water Show 2012.
- Chicago's Top Guns: Wet and Wild Weekend
- Chicago's Top Guns, Part 1
- Chicago's Top Guns, Part 2
- Chicago's Top Guns, Part 3
- Chicago's Top Guns, Part 4
The Chicago Air & Water Show, presented by the City of Chicago and Shell Oil Products, may be turning 54, but the event's breathtaking action will soar to new heights when ABC 7 Chicago presents the broadcast of "CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS." Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special will air Sunday, August 19th at 11pm, with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 26th at 4:30 pm.
Taft and Butler will give viewers a close-up look at this lakefront spectacle, spotlighting the thrills and chills of the Blue Angels as they perform aerobatic maneuvers that represent the pride, precision, and professionalism of the U.S. Navy.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS" will also feature the courageous adventure of ABC 7 reporter, Michelle Gallardo, who will take more than a few deep breaths before flying with the amazing Blue Angels. Joining the Blue Angels as one of this year's headliners will be the U.S. Army Parachute Golden Knights, along with the U.S. Navy Leap Frogs, as they jump out of aircrafts at 12,500 feet above the earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 miles per hour.
Returning military and civilian favorites include the Aeroshell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, The Firebirds, Kirby Chambliss in the Red Bull Edge 540, Matt Champan Airshows, Dave Dacey in the Super Spearman, Chuck Aaron in the Red Bull Helicopter and the Red Bull Air Force - Elite Red Bull Skydivers. Also stunning onlookers, Sean D. Tucker & Team Oracle return to fly daredevil feats of precision at 300 miles per hour.
The Air & Water Show takes place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS" is produced by Edgar Vargas & Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS" will be available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East H.S.
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos