Mexican Independence Day Parade 2012
September 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- To kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, all the pageantry of Mexican culture was on display when ABC 7's Theresa Gutierrez hosted the Little Village Chamber of Commerce 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade.
ABC 7 Chicago was the only TV station in town broadcasting the parade. Participating in this colorful community event will be members of the ABC 7 News team including Ben Bradley, Cheryl Burton, Michelle Gallardo, John Garcia, Hosea Sanders, and Roz Varon, who will be riding atop the ABC 7 float.
During the parade, the late Raul Muñoz was honored as one of the most successful business pioneers in Little Village. Muñoz passed away earlier this year in February 2012.
"Not everyone knows that the 2nd highest grossing retail district in Chicago next to Michigan Avenue is 26th Street, in the heart of the Little Village community. During the Mexican Independence Day parade the area becomes an all-day block party. It's a celebration unique to the city of Chicago," says producer Edgar Vargas, excited to once again be producing the parade broadcast.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 35 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 52 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 32 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
35 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
52 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
41 min ago