Mexican Independence Day Parade 2012
September 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- To kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, all the pageantry of Mexican culture was on display when ABC 7's Theresa Gutierrez hosted the Little Village Chamber of Commerce 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade.
ABC 7 Chicago was the only TV station in town broadcasting the parade. Participating in this colorful community event will be members of the ABC 7 News team including Ben Bradley, Cheryl Burton, Michelle Gallardo, John Garcia, Hosea Sanders, and Roz Varon, who will be riding atop the ABC 7 float.
During the parade, the late Raul Muñoz was honored as one of the most successful business pioneers in Little Village. Muñoz passed away earlier this year in February 2012.
"Not everyone knows that the 2nd highest grossing retail district in Chicago next to Michigan Avenue is 26th Street, in the heart of the Little Village community. During the Mexican Independence Day parade the area becomes an all-day block party. It's a celebration unique to the city of Chicago," says producer Edgar Vargas, excited to once again be producing the parade broadcast.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers 52 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos