Mexican Independence Day Parade 2012
September 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- To kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, all the pageantry of Mexican culture was on display when ABC 7's Theresa Gutierrez hosted the Little Village Chamber of Commerce 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade.
ABC 7 Chicago was the only TV station in town broadcasting the parade. Participating in this colorful community event will be members of the ABC 7 News team including Ben Bradley, Cheryl Burton, Michelle Gallardo, John Garcia, Hosea Sanders, and Roz Varon, who will be riding atop the ABC 7 float.
During the parade, the late Raul Muñoz was honored as one of the most successful business pioneers in Little Village. Muñoz passed away earlier this year in February 2012.
"Not everyone knows that the 2nd highest grossing retail district in Chicago next to Michigan Avenue is 26th Street, in the heart of the Little Village community. During the Mexican Independence Day parade the area becomes an all-day block party. It's a celebration unique to the city of Chicago," says producer Edgar Vargas, excited to once again be producing the parade broadcast.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 4 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 5 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- Bubonic plague claims 32 lives in Madagascar 4 min ago
- Dennis Rodman in North Korea: Former Bulls star holds tryouts... 6 min ago
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
4 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos