Help the victims of Hurricane Sandy
Friday, November 02, 2012
October 30, 2012 (WLS) -- Sandy has affected much of the eastern half of the country and the American Red Cross is sending help where it is needed.
- The response to Sandy is very large and very costly and the Red Cross needs your help now.
- To donate visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Hundreds of Red Cross blood drives have already been cancelled due to the storm, and more are expected. This represents a loss of as many as 9,000 blood and platelet products. We're asking people who are eligible to give blood especially in places not affected by the storm, to schedule a blood donation now. Visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment today.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits