Help the victims of Hurricane Sandy
Friday, November 02, 2012
October 30, 2012 (WLS) -- Sandy has affected much of the eastern half of the country and the American Red Cross is sending help where it is needed.
- The response to Sandy is very large and very costly and the Red Cross needs your help now.
- To donate visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Hundreds of Red Cross blood drives have already been cancelled due to the storm, and more are expected. This represents a loss of as many as 9,000 blood and platelet products. We're asking people who are eligible to give blood especially in places not affected by the storm, to schedule a blood donation now. Visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment today.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fire at storefront church in Gary, Indiana 25 min ago
- Mayor to create grocery store task force 2 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 1 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 28 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves...
1 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
28 min ago